The purpose of the Osage County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Deputy Program is to provide properly trained volunteers who are able to assist the Sheriff’s Office in a variety of tasks. The Osage County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Force constitutes an organization of volunteers who participate in nearly all of the department’s operations: patrol, special functions, special investigations, crime prevention and community relations.
The following is required to become and continue as a Commissioned Osage County Reserve Deputy:
These Deputies must obtain and maintain Oklahoma C.L.E.E.T. Certification (required of all Law Enforcement officers in the state). They are uniformed and are utilized, in most cases, in all reserve operations. Each Commissioned Reserve Deputy may work alongside the Department’s full-time Deputies, or they may work independently on special projects.
As stated above, all Reserve Deputies are unpaid volunteers who donate a minimum of 140 hours per calendar year of volunteer service to maintain an active Reserve Commission.
Each commissioned Reserve Deputy is provided Department uniforms and associated equipment. Each Reserve Deputy provides their own duty belt, vest, boots and department-approved weapon.
Are you interested in volunteering for a unique Law Enforcement opportunity in this county?
We’re interested in talking to you if you can meet the following qualifications:
- Oklahoma C.L.E.E.T. Certified or able to receive certification if you’re from out of state or uncertified.
- Must be 21 years of age or older when applying for position.
- Meet Sheriff’s Office employment requirements. This includes (at a minimum) background investigation, oral board and psychological screening.
- Willing to donate a minimum of ten (10) hours of service each month to the Department or 120 hours per calendar year – in a variety of assignments!
- Cannot have any felony or battery misdemeanor conviction, or any crime of moral turpitude.
- Demonstrate a desire to serve your community in a most rewarding and productive way.
If you would like to join us, contact any of these numbers:
Sergeant Steve Talburt
toll free (888)-287-3150 or local (918) 287-3535, or, email Sergeant Steve Talburt at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our activities: